Wednesday, December 17, 2008
The Our Time Questions with Doug Filomena
Periodically, we will interview members of the Our Time and Camp Our Time family (company members, alumni, honorees, participating artists, the board, volunteers, staff, donors, parents, campers, counselors, etc.) by asking them the same 20 questions. Which will now be known as THE OUR TIME QUESTIONS.
Our third interview is with Doug Filomena. Doug has been Our Time's Lighting Designer for years and is an all around awesome person. Doug is also a person who stutters. Last week, Doug created beautiful light for our one-act plays at the Cherry Lane Theatre. My favorite quote from Doug last week was, "Let the process come to you." Thanks for all that you do Doug!
1. Favorite Food: grilled sardines
2. Favorite thing about Our Time: Taro’s and the Kid’s energy
3. Favorite place I’ve been: Rome, Italy
4. Place I’ve always wanted to go: back to Rome
5. Favorite Movie: Style Wars
6. If you were trapped on an island for three years, and you could only listen to one recording artist, who would it be: Fela Kuti
7. Mac or PC: MAC
8. Chocolate or Vanilla: chocolate
9. Cats or Dogs: cats
10. Favorite Our Time moment: Seeing Ned’s play performed last year
11. What do you want to be when you grow up: an archaeologist, like Indiana Jones
12. Who would play you in a movie: John Cusack
13. Favorite Book: The Wind Up Bird Chronicles
14. Favorite sports team: Pittsburgh Steelers/New York Mets
15. What advice do you have for people who stutter: Just keep going. Think of yourself as being perfectly normal, because you are.
16. What advice do you have for people who don’t stutter: don’t ask me if I am OK.
17. Favorite TV Show: Shark Week
18. Favorite Play or Musical: Fences by August Wilson
19. If you were President, what would your first official act be: Universal Healthcare
20. Where do you see Our Time in 10 years: still working and doing its thing, but with a much, much bigger family and a lot more love to go around.